Tour through the bays, lagoons, bayous, sounds, rivers, creeks and passes of Southwest Florida. Birds, occasionally dolphins and sometimes manatees are spotted on this tour.
Rivers and Creeks Kayak Tour
North Fort Myers
Duration: We are together 4 hours, 3 hours are on the water
Meeting Point: North Fort Myers
Discover the Rich History of the Caloosahatchee River
Join us on the Creeks and Rivers Kayak Tour for an aquatic adventure you’re sure to remember! Guided by a Certified Florida Master Naturalist, you’re sure to learn all there is to know about this majestic land and the wonderful wildlife that calls it home. On this tour, you will paddle on the Caloosahatchee River and the wild creeks of the Caloosahatchee Creeks Preserve. You’ll learn tons of facts about the unique Mangrove Forest that you’ll be traversing. You will visit a rookery that’s full of nesting birds from February to August. With your guide’s help, you’ll gain unique insights into the history of the area and its many plants and animals.
GAEA Guides uses tandem kayaks that handle like a single if you are alone in one. We do this to limit the number of kayaks in the environment that may annoy the wildlife. We also do it because there is better communication between the guide and the clients if there are fewer kayaks. We only take a small group on each tour. The kayaks are sit-inside kayaks with comfortable seats and plenty of leg room.
Upon meeting at the appointed time we will sign in, go over some safety information and then get the equipment in the water. This takes approximately ½ hour. At the completion of the tour, we allow another ½ hour to get all the equipment put away. You will receive the directions to the launch site after making your reservations.
We ask that you dress for the weather
- Usually, a t-shirt and shorts will do
- Shoes that will get wet as you get in and out of your kayak (ideally, not flip flops as they can be very slippery)
- A hat
- Bug repellant may also be necessary if we are out in the evening
- Water, or something, to drink
- Your lunch or a snack, as we will stop to eat midway during the tour
- $5 cash to pay for your parking
- Do NOT bring anything that you cannot afford to get wet unless you have it in a dry bag.
- Please arrive on time to find parking, as tours start promptly.
- If you are not at the site by 15 minutes past the meeting time and have not made contact with the guide, the tour will start without you.
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event. The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.