Tour through the bays, lagoons, bayous, sounds, rivers, creeks and passes of Southwest Florida. Birds, occasionally dolphins and sometimes manatees are spotted on this tour.
Duration: We are together 4 hours, 3 hours are on the water
Meeting Point: Punta Gorda
See the Transition from Fresh to Salt Water
Despite its name, there has yet to be a sighting of an actual gator on Alligator Creek, so fear not! However, if you’re looking to paddle down a Florida creek and witness the transition from fresh-water to the salt-water environment then the Alligator Creek Kayak Tour is a can’t-miss opportunity! GAEA Guides-Guided Kayak Nature Tours wants to take you on a kayak adventure down the magnificent Alligator Creek which is part of the Charlotte Harbor Estuary. On this kayak tour, you will learn about the estuary and the mangrove forest. You’ll see a plethora of fish and birds along the creek and hear interesting facts from an expert guide.
GAEA Guides uses tandem kayaks that handle like a single if you are alone in one. We do this to limit the number of kayaks in the environment that may annoy the wildlife. We also do it because there is better communication between the guide and the clients if there are fewer kayaks. We only take a small group on each tour. The kayaks are sit-inside kayaks with comfortable seats and plenty of leg room.
Upon meeting at the appointed time we will sign in, go over some safety information and then get the equipment in the water. This takes approximately ½ hour. At the completion of the tour, we allow another ½ hour to get all the equipment put away. You will receive the directions to the launch site after making your reservations.
- What to Wear
We ask that you dress for the weather
- Usually, a t-shirt and shorts will do
- Shoes that will get wet as you get in and out of your kayak (ideally, not flip flops as they can be very slippery)
- A hat
- Bug repellant may also be necessary if we are out in the evening
- What to Bring
- Water, or something, to drink
- Your lunch or a snack, as we will stop to eat midway during the tour
- Click here to complete your electronic waiver beforehand
- What NOT to Bring
- Do NOT bring anything that you cannot afford to get wet unless you have it in a dry bag.
- Other Tips & Guidelines
- Please arrive on time to find parking, as tours start promptly.
- If you are not at the site by 15 minutes past the meeting time and have not made contact with the guide, the tour will start without you.
- Cancellation Policy
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event. The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.