Kayak down a lovely creek in North Fort Myers. At dusk, you will see bats come out of their hiding places.
Duration: We are together 3 hours, 2 hours are on the water
Meeting Point: 5 miles east of downtown Fort Myers
See the Sunset, The Full Moon Rise and Thousands of Birds Roosting
GAEA Guides is proud to welcome you on an unparalleled Florida coast experience! Join us to view the Florida sunset followed by a full moon. On this tour, you will paddle on the Caloosahatchee River and some wild creeks. You will visit a bird rookery that’s home to thousands of birds. You’ll witness amazing views of the sun setting and the moon rising
You will also gain unique insights from a Florida Master Naturalist. The timing of this tour is for optimal viewing at this perfect place to see sunset and moonrise.
GAEA Guides uses tandem kayaks that handle like a single if you are alone in one. We do this to limit the number of kayaks in the environment that may annoy the wildlife. We also do it because there is better communication between the guide and the clients if there are fewer kayaks. We only take a small group on each tour. The kayaks are sit-inside kayaks with comfortable seats and plenty of leg room.
Upon meeting at the appointed time we will sign in, go over some safety information and then get the equipment in the water. This takes approximately ½ hour. At the completion of the tour, we allow another ½ hour to get all the equipment put away. You will receive the directions to the launch site after making your reservations.
- What to Wear
We ask that you dress for the weather
- Usually, a t-shirt and shorts will do
- Shoes that will get wet as you get in and out of your kayak (ideally, not flip flops as they can be very slippery)
- A hat
- Bug repellant may also be necessary if we are out in the evening
- What to Bring
- Water, or something, to drink
- Click here to complete your electronic waiver beforehand
- What NOT to Bring
- Do NOT bring anything that you cannot afford to get wet unless you have it in a dry bag.
- Other Tips & Guidelines
- Please arrive on time to find parking, as tours start promptly.
- If you are not at the site by 15 minutes past the meeting time and have not made contact with the guide, the tour will start without you.
- Cancellation Policy
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event. The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.