Tour through the bays, lagoons, bayous, sounds, rivers, creeks and passes of Southwest Florida. Birds, occasionally dolphins and sometimes manatees are spotted on this tour.
Mullock Creek Back Bay Tour
Central Fort Myers to Estero Bay Aquatic Preserve
Duration: We are together 4.5 hours, 3.5 hours are on the water
Meeting Point: South Fort Myers
A Quiet Pathway to the East Side of Estero Bay
Experience the west coast of Florida and the peacefulness of the Estero Bay Buffer Preserve. The folks at GAEA Guides – Guided Kayak Nature Tours are running their Mullock Creek Back Bay Kayak Tour wherein you will discover the east side of Estero Bay and the unquestioned tranquility of the winding creeks and open water. On this kayak tour, you will witness a variety of Fish and birds. Dolphins are frequently spotted on this tour. You will also have the chance to see manatees, crustaceans much more!
GAEA Guides uses tandem kayaks that handle like a single if you are alone in one. We do this to limit the number of kayaks in the environment that may annoy the wildlife. We also do it because there is better communication between the guide and the clients if there are fewer kayaks. We only take a small group on each tour. The kayaks are sit-inside kayaks with comfortable seats and plenty of leg room.
Upon meeting at the appointed time we will sign in, go over some safety information and then get the equipment in the water. This takes approximately ½ hour. At the completion of the tour, we allow another ½ hour to get all the equipment put away. You will receive the directions to the launch site after making your reservations.
We ask that you dress for the weather
- Usually, a t-shirt and shorts will do
- Shoes that will get wet as you get in and out of your kayak (ideally, not flip flops as they can be very slippery)
- A hat
- Bug repellant may also be necessary if we are out in the evening
- Water, or something, to drink
- Your lunch or a snack, as we will stop to eat midway during the tour
- Do NOT bring anything that you cannot afford to get wet unless you have it in a dry bag.
- Please arrive on time to find parking, as tours start promptly.
- If you are not at the site by 15 minutes past the meeting time and have not made contact with the guide, the tour will start without you.
Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded and cannot be rescheduled because your space is being guaranteed at the event. The activity usually runs in light rain and other moderate weather conditions, but the seller may cancel the activity up to an hour before the start time in the event of severe or unsafe weather conditions. If the seller cancels the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule tickets (subject to availability) or receive credit for a future event.